File Juicer is a drag & drop can opener and data archaeologist. Its specialty is to find and extract images, video, audio or text from files which are hard to open in other ways.
It finds and extracts: JPEG, JP2, PNG, GIF, PDF, BMP, WMF, EMF, PICT, TIFF, Flash, Zip, HTML, WAV, AVI, MOV, MP4, MPG, MP3, AIFF, AU, WMV or text from files which contain data in those formats.
Lossless extraction… File Juicer does’t convert the images/sounds/videos it finds, but saves them unchanged in their original format if possible. See the manual for details.
This is useful:
- if you want to extract the images/sounds/videos from a PDF or Word document
- if you have old files you can no longer open with current applications,
- if you receive emails with attachments you can not open,
- if you have corrupt files or databases,
- if you have damaged or acidentally erased flash cards for your digital camera,
- if you receive “self extracting” EXE files designed for Windows,
- or if this is just faster than copying and pasting from the file.
When you have extracted some files – for instance from an accidentally erased flash card, you can then check that they are intact with QuickTime Player or convert them with other applications. For images, checking validity is done by letting File Juicer generate icons for the files. Then the files with icons are the ones which are intact.
File Juicer has Automator support so you can save just the settings you need and use them directly from Finder.
Current Available Version: Version4.29:
- Fixed: File Juicer would sometimes ignore files larger than 1GB.
- Changed: built with Xcode 4.4 in preparation for OS X 10.8.
- Removed: Automator actions and PPC support. Current Available Version: Version4.25 is still available on my web site for those who need it.
Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
The Mac OS X operating system is an extremely stable OS, requiring little maintenance, other than an occasional clean up. Mac OS utilities have consequently changed from those originally available for the Classic environment. Mac Ultities no longer automatically refer to “maintenace” but now include other applications that help with day to day things, such as organising your life, surfing the web or managing software.
There’s Loads more Apple mac utilities stored on our site, so why not stay a while and have a browse.
- File Juicer 4.27 – Extract images, video, or sound from files/folders.. (Shareware)
- File Juicer 4.28 – Extract images, video, or sound from files/folders.. (Shareware)
- File Juicer 4.29 – Extract images, video, or sound from files/folders.. (Shareware)
- TNEFs Enough 3.1 – Extract winmail.dat embedded files.. (Free)
- TNEFs Enough 3.0.0 – Extract winmail.dat embedded files.. (Free)